Register
Pardus: Unadulterated
Edethex Rule of Angels Forum Index » World of Pardus » Pardus: Unadulterated
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gunnar Flowrz

Post Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Pardus: Unadulterated

Please share your experiences, give us your stories :

ie. from today

Today, I woke up and joined an ambush in the EPR - wanting to fly with my union and ERA brethren but making sure to have logged off the night before while docked on a SB/planet - even though I was about to run my wife to work. Figured not much could change in the hour I'd be gone.... hopefully.

Leisurely drove the missus to her job and come back to my desktop and notice my ambush stack is down to me and Stu. Maybe they triggered. That'd make sense. Checked the news, no destructions to note, for either side in this war while I was away from my nav screen. Hmmm.

I've got full APs, maybe they relocated to a better fishing hole. After a quick heads up in Alliance Chat, I get an invite to an op to bust the Pardus Emipre Pass 11, already in progress. Having checked in with other unionites over the "off-pardus" comm channels, I slip over to Nex004 to get a long distance wormhole jump to Nex005, the Splitt cluster. Trying to avoid obvious ambush locations on the way, I sacrifice precious APs to arrive safely. On the way I pass feared empire mooncrusher driver Round on the X-hole. He's online.. is he up to no good in the Eastern Pardus Rim or.. what?

Seeing there's no way I could stop him solo, I bravely continue on to Nex005. Once there I try to keep an eye on the union chat to get some sort of idea what I'm going to go up against when I get there, one eye on my map since it's been over a year since I regularly frequented this cluster between the empire and the federation, and a third eye on my nav screen... bet you didn't know Keldons have a third eye.

Taking cirquitous routes, hoping to avoid any ambushes, I finally arrive in the sector just outside PE11. Checking in with the Union Chat Comms, I state my arrival, my lack of skills, my abundance of APs (almost half) and most importantly my missles! Awaiting orders I sit on the safety of the wormhole and try to further figure out what the situation is.

We've assembled a fair number of pilots on short notice, and we're taking down a military outpost with a new module on it. Some sort of secret weapon the pardus developers have given us, that the emps were quick to install, and which saps your Action Points when you are hit.

I again state my arrival, ready to fight, ready to ambush, maybe willing to scout.. point me at something.

Problem is, a couple of our pilots have been hit by this new weapon and are now so low on APs that they're in the negative, unable to "do" anything. Our brethren have set up ambush on the chokes and are naving their screens to see and shoot down any approaching empire pilots curious to see what's going on or that might wish to do us more harm than we've already done to ourselves.

Ugh. I came all the way cross the universe for this? Hell yes! Smile

So.. finally giving up on getting any marching orders, I sail into the chokepoint outside of the PE11 sector and wave at the union pilots in ambush guarding the exit. Safely on the wormhole, I pass into Empire space... <shiver>

I'm not safe on the wormhole, as since the war has started I've been losing empire reputation every day and am fair game on any empire property that hasn't explicitly friended me. I jump to the next choke point, this time under an Empire Faction MO and quickly set up on ambush with out retreat under it, joining a number of friendly faces doing likewise. I figure it's the best place to do so since the operation is in the "try to get out with your asses still attached" phase.

State my presence and location in ambush in the union chat again.

I apparently showed up at a bad time. It's not clear who's leading the operation. People are making suggestions, no clear orders being given. Additionally, some of the leadership is having internet lag or conneciton issues. Joy. And some people are so low on APs, they can't really afford to move. It was a long trip to get here and a tough task to breach the MO wall.

People on the MO we were attacking are in bad shape and need drugs. The stimulants would let the pilots safely exit empire space if we avoid a counteratack. I volunteer to go in and deliver them, bravely risking <rollshiseyes> my well being to help out a stranded mate. Instead, I got telerobbed by a fellow unionite, more eager than I apparently, to deliver the drugs to our friend.

Time slowly passes and we gossip about the empire while letting our APs slowly build. We worry that the empire is seeking a temporary cease fire with us so that they can pound the federation some more over the Christmas holiday.

Finally, we have all accumulated enough action points and we get ready to break for safety. "All out" the order is given. A bunch of pilots fly the most efficient route to the safety of neutral space, four of us remaining in ambush guarding our tactical withdrawal out of empire space.

"We're clear!"

Not wanting to leave anyone behind I ask in Union Chat, "Anyone still left inside empire space?"

A few Union stragglers apparently didn't get the message. Uh oh. So, we hold our chokepoint a while longer and finally our friends fly past us to the neutral zone.

Meanwhile, most everyone that has safely arrived in the neutral zone has logged off, headed to work or family or bed in real life. Even some of the op leaders.

"Anyone still left inside PE11?" I ask again.

Looks like that's it. So the four of us argue over who is going to be the last one to leave. Finally, having decided the most important part of the operation, we depart empire space and enter the temporary cease fire agreed to by our leadership.

Would have loved to have seen a little action (besides the PASC that I ran away from screaming before I set my ambush), but it was fun all the same.

Merry Christmas, Fly safe!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dar Nok

Post Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject:

I don't 'do' a whole lot but sit around and ignore hate mails, or have them forwarded to Hurric Big Grin

Here's a copy of my 'files' that I have been keeping since I do try to keep skilling my [eng] through constant teleporter usage...

12/19
149 bots.
53 fuel.

12/20 8:00 pm

Zopa....

11 candy
1 bot
29 bots
18 fuel

Seteq
No goods

Sairence
2 fuel

Round
3 fuel

Radnar
3 bots
1 fuel

Pikametri
7 fuel in a nano ship.

Gashan
3 bots
18 fuel

La Mala
fail
17 fuel

Koi Shinai
6 fuel

Juffo Wup
fail
4 bots
7 fuel

Guardian Owl
2 candy
19 bots
1 bot
17 fuel

Frozen
7 fuel

Felkron
fail
7 bots
10 fuel

Barchu
2 bots
3 bots
10 bots
10 fuel

Aykeem
3 bots
6 fuel

Arthurv
10 bots
fail
9 bots
10 fuel

Argelfraster
8 fuel

-----------------------

12/21 7:15 am

Herod Clough
4 bots
29 fuel

Bull
15 bots
4 bots
9 fuel

Te Mar Chi Ramirez
4 bots
9 fuel

Ra From Beyond
fail

Repentance
fail

E.R.A. Nookie Rookie
EPR Vagrant
 Back to top »
Dar Nok

Post Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject:

and here's a list of my Eng skilling from yesterday...Sadly, I barely missed 3 loads of war explosives that moved through, but I did make travel lighter for a large number of emps....

Felkron 11:22 am

fail
fail
fail
7t fuel.

10t empty weight

Getsuga has 40t of free space.
30 bots

Kythras
45 bots
45 bots
36 bots
21 bots
6 fuel
Kythras has 168t of free space.

La Mala has 7t of free space.
3 fuel

Mr Gon
4 bots
You could not find any goods to teleport!
Mr Gon has 8t of free space.

Joostier Reegun has 1t of free space.
no goods?

Juffo Wup has 16t of free space.
10 fuel

Pikametri
fail
Teleport failed, your attempt was noticed!
10 fuel
Pikametri has 12t of free space.

Radnar has 19t of free space.
13 fuel

Repentance has 177t of free space.
10 fuel.

Seteq has x-t of free space.
39 elec
4 elec

Stick has 23t of free space.
You could not find any goods to teleport!

Spacerat has 35t of free space.
no goods
Teleport failed, your attempt was noticed!

Tredbull
Tredbull has 6t of free space.
1 metal
1 elec
1 fuel

this listing is a bit more complete, and helps me track the empty weight of the ships to decide whether or not they need cleaned out Big Grin

E.R.A. Nookie Rookie
EPR Vagrant
 Back to top »
Tindaloo

Post Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject:

i'm better in rage drawings, especially when one cant think about anything else than, will I get alive out of it? ;p
I did thx to all of you.

Oh yeah, the busts are tough now... and that will be even more when everyone install this stuff commonly.
 Back to top »
Interessent
The Don

Post Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject:

My first days in Pardus...

March 18th 2007 was the day, when I created an account on Pardus. I was coming from another browsergame and looking for a new one, since the one I was playing was dying slowly.

After checking out 10 or more games, I landed at Pardus somehow. That's also the reason for my name. "Interessent" means a person, which is interested in something. In my case I was looking for a new game and was interested in testint Pardus. I've choosen the name as a temporary one, because I didn't know if I will like Pardus or not and because I'm probably not that creative in general regarding such things Smile

I and a friend of mine started together as Union pilots, because there was a faction war angoing between the Empire and the Federation. We have choosen UKC as our home cluster.

Without to have an idea about what to do, we just undocked on Sirion and flew south east for some reason. UG-5-093, Nekkar, BE 3-702, Cebalrai.

I don't know why we took this route, but it must have been some sort of destiny, also considering the fact that there was no space crystal blocking our way in Nekkar. We landed in Ceblarai, a E.R.A. sector back then. A sector with a good economy etc.

However, after our arrival in Cebalrai we still didn't have an idea about what to do and after checking the manual we decided to do some FWE since it appeared to be a good thing.

So we started to do it.... by collecting the energy at surrounding tiles and selling it to the planet, also known as stripminng Blush Of course we re not aware of this and have continued to do so, until there was a friendly message from Cpt Nuke, asking me to stop to stripmine the energy. It was in english and for me a real problem at that time, so I was wondering what he wants, what stripmining means etc.

Somehow I've put together a reply in english asking him for details. He has probably figured out that he could also talk to in german and that's what he did, which made things easier.

He explained me what it had to do with stripmining and since then I was doing it the correct way (between the Cebalrai planet and the SB in the south part of the sector, owned by Cpt Nuke.

At some point I saw his El Padre there for the first time and next to his name 3 letters.... E.R.A.
I don't know why, but somehow it looked good and made an impression to me. At some point I've applied and was accepted.

Since then I'm here. Some people left, some joined, many from that time are still around luckily.

All in one I'm happy that it happened like it did, that I flew this direction without a map or something, that it was Cebalrai where I got contacted by Cpt Nuke, that I joined E.R.A. afterwards and that we still exist as one of the largest alliances in Orion!

I hope that it will remain that way and that we get a bit more activity within our ranks, because it was very quiet lately.
 Back to top »
Gunnar Flowrz

Post Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Spent the previous day ambushing for a low skilled empire pilot in a Union Pass, pulling double duty as cannon fodder in the hopes of catching someone trying to infiltrate Union space at the chokepoint. A long day of waiting was rewarded when I shot down Gordi Ni Hi, an independant pilot flying a Mercury. No bounties collected, no war points for the neutral intruder.

Moved deeper into the neutral zone to try and find some better action and got more than I bargained for. Set up ambush in Zaniah alone.. and away from keyboard. Sat there for hours hoping to get a fat newbie in my sights.. and instead found a fully prepared Empirial Mooncrusher. It was like he knew I was there. I'd thought about setting ambush for ANY neutral and let the diplomats sort it out later but decided against it figuring I'd play nice. My ship shaking from countless missle and energy beam 'hits' I scrambled for the escape pod wondering who'd tipped Clive Rickter off, who is still unpodded this war.

Arriving back on the homeworld, I cut through the insurance paper beauracracy thanks to my Union Military ID and hopped in a new vessel, or so I thought. Reinstalling and repairing my war chariot left me with scant few credits but I flew off post haste to join an Union military operation already in progress.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Edethex Rule of Angels Forum Index » World of Pardus » Pardus: Unadulterated
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: