Register
World of Tanks
Edethex Rule of Angels Forum Index » Sports and Games » World of Tanks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angelus
Founder

Post Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:19 pm    Post subject: World of Tanks

Official Website

Divided into 3 servers (may be combined in certain modes later)
North American
European
Russian

Game Overview

World of Tanks is a free to play team-based massively multiplayer online game dedicated to armored warfare in the mid-20th century. Throw yourself into epic tank battles shoulder to shoulder with other steel cowboys to dominate the world with tank supremacy!

An advanced system of vehicle upgrade and development allows you to try out the vehicles and weapons featured in the game. Whether you prefer to exhaust your foes with fast and maneuverable light tanks, punch deep into enemy lines with all-purpose medium tanks, use the power of heavy tanks to eliminate opposing forces, or become a high-powered sniper using long-range artillery, each unit type is extremely lethal and effective when commanded by a true tank ace.

It takes more than just being a great tank commander to win. In World of Tanks, it's all about teamwork. Victory can only be achieved through the combined efforts of every member of the team, each playing their own role on the battlefield.

More Details

Currently over a 100 American, Russian, and German tanks are available. They will be adding French and British tank trees as well as more tanks to the first three nations for over 150 tanks total. The normal 'random battle' mode pit your team of 15 tanks vs an enemy team. To win you must either capture their flag or destroy every enemy tank by strategically using the lay of the land and your team's tanks which are composed of light, medium, and heavy tanks as well as tank destroyers and self-propelled artillery. Matchmaking weighs each tier of tank to balance out the teams so that you will never face an army of Maus vs your poor team of Ltracktors.

How Much?

The game is free to play, there is a premium mode you can gain using gold purchased with real money. Premium nets you a fancy graphic for your tank garage, allows you to make larger platoons/companies and +50% more credits/experience per battle. There are other things purchasable with gold but those that affect combat in any way are very rarely seen outside the most hardcore mode, the only mode in which you can gain gold. Gold can be used to purchase unique tanks which are superior to stock counterparts but inferior to upgraded counterparts. The other major uses are the purchase of additional garage slots for tanks, converting xp for faster grinding, and buying crew fully trained in their primary skill. There are weekly sales on premium items of interest and you do not need gold to advance to any of the top tanks such as the IS-7, T30, Maus, etc.

Pardus Tankers

To my knowledge there is a Pardus Clan setup recently on the European server. Click on Pardus Tankers above for the link to the pardus forum thread. I'm not sure if there is a forum or voice server setup yet. If you are signing up on that server I recommend checking it out Smile

I currently play on the North American server with some good friends and have been part of 2 separate 'evil empire' clans already (AoD and IR). I mostly play Platoon (groups of 3), Company (custom teams), and Clan War battles (clan vs clan) and it is a lot of fun. The current endgame is a World Conquest (Beta) mode where you help your clan take over the world and earn gold by holding territory.

If anyone who signs up on the North American server would like help learning the basics or more advanced tactics I would be happy to help out. I have some lower tier tanks that I have kept since I enjoy playing them very much. If you'd like my username please PM me on Pardus, I am usually around 2100-0100 (GMT) on weekdays.

Related Info

Another game in development by the same folks called World of Warplanes will be coming out. You will be able to tie your World of Tanks account to World of Warplanes with premium/experience/gold shared between them. On an ambitious note they are also going to try and get infantry in as well and then tie it all together into some sort of massive full spectrum war game.
Clad in a shimmering gown, ready to reveal beauty.

Spork.
 Back to top »
Lysin

Post Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:26 am    Post subject:

So that's where you went!
How competitive can one be if one doesn't buy gold ammo?
 Back to top »
Xallas

Post Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject:

I'm there too but on EU server.

I'd say you can do pretty well without gold, at least it's what I'm trying to do Wink
 Back to top »
Angelus
Founder

Post Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:26 am    Post subject:

Please excuse the late response, I check this forum rarely, though I do still log onto pardus fairly regularly if you want to discuss things via PM Smile

Lysin wrote:
So that's where you went!
How competitive can one be if one doesn't buy gold ammo?

I very rarely see gold ammo used outside of competitive clan wars matches (not uncommon during defenses). Gold making territories are at stake here so its very worthwhile to purchase gold ammunition. Especially as some vehicles, notably artillery get a large advantage with it. People usually stock up on a few dozen rounds during gold ammo sales which have been occurring on an almost monthly basis. Most other gold consumables are ridiculously overpriced and only used rarely by players who really like burning $ for some reason. Personally I never use gold ammo in random battles.

Spork.
 Back to top »
Angelus
Founder

Post Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Still shoot tanks from time to time Smile

If anyone is looking for a training session or just a plat invite on the US server let me know. Yarr Hand Weapons

Pardus probably still best way to contact me if you don't already know me from better places.

Spork.
 Back to top »
Edethex Rule of Angels Forum Index » Sports and Games » World of Tanks
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: