FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Treachery, justice and beyond
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Edethex Rule of Angels Forum Index » World of Pardus » Treachery, justice and beyond
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should we make this story public on Pardus Art Contest?
Yes
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
No
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
I don't know
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Wingy

Post Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Treachery, justice and beyond

My thanks to Jimmeofdoom, who introduced himself as a friendly Godfather by actions instead of words. And allowed me into ERA, for which I am grateful
Thank you every one of you, every day you make this alliance great. Every deed, big or small, makes us a better place to be.
I'm glad to be here
Wingy

Edit: Vote as you want, we'll do as the alliance leaders say Smile

Edit: Quite a lot to do on the story, this is probably a pre-0.1 version

The Candyback Affair

Alliance alarm! Raiders!

The sharp buzz of the alliance alarm woke me up from my slumber. With heavy lids, I'm trying to make sense of what's around.
The alliance alarm buzzes again, and again, and again, and through the sleepy veil I'm starting to make sense of everything... or not. There's not much to make sense of, there's only the need of urgency as the alarm buzzes again and again and again and again.
While the drive is ramping up to cruise power the ship began to accelerate towards the Core. One of our trading outposts is under attack right now, raiders are stealing from its cargo containers. I must make haste, so I'm going to emergency speed and weave in and out on optimum speed trajectories, fuel economy be damned.
I quite like the feel of the big drive, the Interphased Drive is the muscle engine of our days. And I'm really envious on the Federals, their improved IP is head and shoulders above what Union shipyards are capable of building.
Wormhole after wormhole remains behind as I sped up towards Cor Caroli. If attacks against us are allowed to go unchecked, everyone and their crabs will think we're an easy target. Well, it's time to teach them that attacking us is an unsound strategy.

An emergency team has started to assemble. Senior members are on their way, and will arrive later. Right now, it's time to start planning for Operation Candyback![/u]

Last edited by Wingy on Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:55 pm; edited 7 times in total
 Back to top »
Wingy

Post Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject:

People assemble, and questions pile up. The what and why and who and how of the attack must be established. After careful analysis, a solution is found: Alvarez, previously known as Junon, might be a puppet of our arch-enemy Oswin. After falsifying its own death, he starts with a fake identity and tries to continue its piratical ways.
As for the what, Oxtogillis' trade outpost was raided multiple times. We fear for the worst, getting there and finding destruction and emptiness. But events unfolded fast, and at least the outpost escaped destruction. After six hot minutes, the emergency calls stop, and all is silent on the alliance chat.
We want answers! Tasks are identified, and the team start operating. Alvarez is a Fed member, and to find his whereabouts, our resident hackers start their engines for the closest Fed base. Unfortunately, most of them are too small and lack the instant communication capacities needed to access the Federation pilots database. Gunnar Flowrz remains stranded on the way, but Whooboy, weary and dreary and drugged to the bone finally makes it to Giloian Lighthouse in UZ 8-466. He waits half an hour to regain at least a semblance of calmness, and starts hacking... only to find out that Alvarez has resigned from the Federation... All his efforts were in vain, the prey has escaped.
But wait, further research seems to suggest Alvarez has built an energy well somewhere. After frantic searches, Wes finds it in Gomeisa, packed full with goods stolen from Oxtogillis. While Jimmeofdoom clears the defenses, Illarion loads his ship until the hull bulges and the magnetic scoop bursts at the seams. Thankfully, he's able to make it to Ithaca without incidents.

Last edited by Wingy on Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Wingy

Post Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Whooboy's story:

Subject: Story
My part in the story.

When I came back to my cockpit I noticed the ACS alarms ringing like a bad alarm clock after a drinking binge as I was still feeling the drug effects of the night before....wow what a party the guys threw me fore hitting the godfather rank, but that's another story for a different time....

The fighter pilots in E.R.A. were desperately trying to track down the pirate Alvarez who raided one of our Outposts. Luckily, Alvarez the pirate was still part of the federation and I had some old electronic trails to try to track him down. I was so far away from Hackable communications. My ship was docked at ERA Port Authority in Etamin. I quickly launched my ship and flew into action. I flew to the Y-hole in nex 0004 and made a quick stop at one of my favorite trading outposts run by Jack the Great to pick up some drugs to shake my hangover. I quickly jumped to my old hacking grounds in the NPR.

After making it to the NPR I flew all of the cluster from one sector to another looking for hackable communications, but unfortunately most of my old haunts were run down and desolate. After a quick tip from one of my alliance mates I was able to fly all the way to the next cluster over in the lane. Finally after making it to a location I looked at the seat next to me and there were remnants of the 35t of drugs I bought already smoked and I passed out for a quick nap.

After waking up in 30 min I was ready to hack and as I put his name in the computer It informed me that Alvarez had retired from the federation 10 min ago and all his electronic trails vanished into the underground. It was up to my alliance mates to track him down the old fashioned way....

Last edited by Wingy on Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Wingy

Post Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Now with the pirate location known, the Fighter Squad redlines their engines and surrounds the location, then wait in ambushes. To recover the mission goods (which we presume are loaded in Alvarez's Thunderbird) the ambushers are preparing to disable the target's engines. Interessent and Lord Percy were able to grapple with the fleeing pirate. "Boarders away!" - and the missing goods are recovered. Lord Percy manages to empty even the T-Bird's fuel tanks, and when Jimmeofdoom arrives at the scene with almost melted reactors, his first broadside sends the pirate flying everywhere in very small particles.

Thank you Jimmeofdoom, Lord Percy, Interessent, Whooboy and everyone that took a part in it. Thanks to you, space is safer

This story is for pardus-era forum.

The initial idea to put it in the Pardus Art Contest was shot down (with a BSA Smile )

For this story to evolve, I need help from the people that were part of the operation, and if some premium members are able to send me some info from the Alliance Chat related to the events, I'd be very very glad (and won't remain in your debt). I'm paying good money Smile

Last edited by Wingy on Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:49 am; edited 3 times in total
 Back to top »
Wingy

Post Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Jimmeofdoom: Union affiliation 2011/11/10 - 05:12
Jimmeofdoom attacked and defeated Alvarez.

In a recent battle Jimmeofdoom completely destroyed Alvarez's ship. The moment Alvarez tried to flee he was vaporized by Jimmeofdoom's shots.

Lord Percy: Union affiliation 2011/11/10 - 05:12
Lord Percy attacked and raided Alvarez.

In a recent battle Lord Percy was able to raid Alvarez's ship. Alvarez surrendered when he saw that there was no way of winning that fight.

Interessent: Union affiliation 2011/11/10 - 05:11
Interessent attacked and raided Alvarez.

In a recent battle Interessent was able to raid Alvarez's ship. Alvarez surrendered when he saw that there was no way of winning that fight.

Alvarez: Federation affiliation 2011/11/08 - 15:01
Alvarez built an Energy Well.

Alvarez has fulfilled himself a dream by constructing an Energy Well. We at GNN wish good luck and a growing production.

Junon: Federation affiliation 2011/11/07 - 22:59
Junon is now known as Alvarez.

Junon didn't like that name, and so decided to change it to Alvarez. Is the new one really that much better?

2011/10/31 - 17:14
Junon graduated from flight school.

Congratulations to Junon for receiving his piloting license! GNN wishes good luck to all these young greenhorns who are adventuresome enough to try their luck in this rough universe.
Wingy

Post Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject:

2011-11-09 15:12:35 Cor Caroli [29,3] Trading Outpost Oxtogillis Alvarez
2011-11-09 15:12:34 Cor Caroli [29,3] Trading Outpost Oxtogillis Alvarez
2011-11-09 15:12:33 Cor Caroli [29,3] Trading Outpost Oxtogillis Alvarez
2011-11-09 15:12:31 Cor Caroli [29,3] Trading Outpost Oxtogillis Alvarez
2011-11-09 15:11:26 Cor Caroli [29,3] Trading Outpost Oxtogillis Alvarez
2011-11-09 15:11:25 Cor Caroli [29,3] Trading Outpost Oxtogillis Alvarez
2011-11-09 15:10:20 Cor Caroli [29,3] Trading Outpost Oxtogillis Alvarez
2011-11-09 15:10:19 Cor Caroli [29,3] Trading Outpost Oxtogillis Alvarez
2011-11-09 15:10:13 Cor Caroli [29,3] Trading Outpost Oxtogillis Alvarez
2011-11-09 15:10:10 Cor Caroli [29,3] Trading Outpost Oxtogillis Alvarez
2011-11-09 15:10:03 Cor Caroli [29,3] Trading Outpost Oxtogillis Alvarez
2011-11-09 15:09:52 Cor Caroli [29,3] Trading Outpost Oxtogillis Alvarez
2011-11-09 15:09:50 Cor Caroli [29,3] Trading Outpost Oxtogillis Alvarez
2011-11-09 15:09:47 Cor Caroli [29,3] Trading Outpost Oxtogillis Alvarez
2011-11-09 15:09:46 Cor Caroli [29,3] Trading Outpost Oxtogillis Alvarez
2011-11-09 15:09:44 Cor Caroli [29,3] Trading Outpost Oxtogillis Alvarez
2011-11-09 15:09:41 Cor Caroli [29,3] Trading Outpost Oxtogillis Alvarez
2011-11-09 15:09:39 Cor Caroli [29,3] Trading Outpost Oxtogillis Alvarez
2011-11-09 15:09:37 Cor Caroli [29,3] Trading Outpost Oxtogillis Alvarez
2011-11-09 15:09:26 Cor Caroli [29,3] Trading Outpost Oxtogillis Alvarez
2011-11-09 15:09:23 Cor Caroli [29,3] Trading Outpost Oxtogillis Alvarez
2011-11-09 15:09:20 Cor Caroli [29,3] Trading Outpost Oxtogillis Alvarez
2011-11-09 15:09:09 Cor Caroli [29,3] Trading Outpost Oxtogillis Alvarez
2011-11-09 15:08:49 Cor Caroli [29,3] Trading Outpost Oxtogillis Alvarez
2011-11-09 15:08:47 Cor Caroli [29,3] Trading Outpost Oxtogillis Alvarez
2011-11-09 15:08:30 Cor Caroli [29,3] Trading Outpost Oxtogillis Alvarez
2011-11-09 15:08:28 Cor Caroli [29,3] Trading Outpost Oxtogillis Alvarez
2011-11-09 15:08:25 Cor Caroli [29,3] Trading Outpost Oxtogillis Alvarez
2011-11-09 15:08:22 Cor Caroli [29,3] Trading Outpost Oxtogillis Alvarez
2011-11-09 15:08:07 Cor Caroli [29,3] Trading Outpost Oxtogillis Alvarez
2011-11-09 15:08:04 Cor Caroli [29,3] Trading Outpost Oxtogillis Alvarez
2011-11-09 15:07:52 Cor Caroli [29,3] Trading Outpost Oxtogillis Alvarez
2011-11-09 15:07:40 Cor Caroli [29,3] Trading Outpost Oxtogillis Alvarez
2011-11-09 15:07:28 Cor Caroli [29,3] Trading Outpost Oxtogillis Alvarez
2011-11-09 15:07:26 Cor Caroli [29,3] Trading Outpost Oxtogillis Alvarez
2011-11-09 15:07:23 Cor Caroli [29,3] Trading Outpost Oxtogillis Alvarez
2011-11-09 15:07:21 Cor Caroli [29,3] Trading Outpost Oxtogillis Alvarez
2011-11-09 15:07:17 Cor Caroli [29,3] Trading Outpost Oxtogillis Alvarez
2011-11-09 15:07:05 Cor Caroli [29,3] Trading Outpost Oxtogillis Alvarez
2011-11-09 15:06:54 Cor Caroli [29,3] Trading Outpost Oxtogillis Alvarez
illarion

Post Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject:

I'll happily add as much as I can, but it's not a great deal! Wes's role is downplayed deliberately. If you do post anything outside ERA, keep it below this line:
-----------------
OOC:
This is WAY more exposition than the event warrants. I was REALLY bored with that planetside admin :-\

IC:
Illarion sat in the cockpit, immersed - as seemed to be typical these days - in mundane planetside administration tasks. He was still at Arkoan's memorial in Dacess, though it had long since wound down and most had headed home.

Jolted to alertness by the combat notifier, he dazedly wondered if he'd somehow lost protection and come under attack, before realising it was the ACS back home in PUC sending the alert.

Calling up the notification, he saw Oxto's candy stash in Caroli was being raided - again - by some two-credit pirate he'd never heard of. Bored - and welcoming a diversion from day to day matters - he decided to make an example, and raced homeward.

He found himself feeling a frisson of an almost alien feeling, something approaching excitement, as he slipped through the presumably-still-hot PFC - but none challenged him.

A new ACS alert came up just as he reached Caroli - but in the short time it took him to cross the sector, the culprit had made good his escape, presumably alerted Jimme's Scorpion which arrived seconds before his.

ERA's best hackers were called in, and the pirate - not the most cunning of his breed - was swiftly located, along with his ill-gotten gains, stashed in a nearby energy well.

The well was barely defended, and it took Jimme just seconds to crack it open. Having no trader available - and precious little time before the pirate could empty or remote-detonate the building - the two Scorpions stuffed their magscoops to bursting with recovered drugs and repair drones, and limped to the nearest base to dock.

To complete the operation, ambushes were set around the pirate's last known location, culminating in Interessent recovering yet more of the stolen loot, and honours for the kill going to Jimme.
 Back to top »
Wingy

Post Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject:

I really wanted to use "Boarders Away!"
But it seems I'm somewhat out of luck Smile

Thank you very much. I've put the second part, but I'll cut Wes out of it if he prefers it.

Queenpin Wingy
illarion

Post Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:09 pm    Post subject:

To clarify, that wasn't Wes's request, so much as a feeling I have that our hackers might not wish to be known as our hackers.

Wes was central to the operation, and I'm more than happy for him to get credit for it if he wishes.
 Back to top »
whooboy

Post Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
When I came back to my cockpit I noticed the ACS alarms ringing like a bad alarm clock after a drinking binge as I was still feeling the drug effects of the night before....wow what a party the guys threw me for hitting the godfather rank, but that's another story for a different time....

The fighter pilots in E.R.A. were desperately trying to track down the pirate Alvarez who raided one of our Outposts. Luckily, Alvarez the pirate was still part of the federation and I had some old electronic trails to try to track him down. I was so far away from Hackable communications. My ship was docked at ERA Port Authority in Etamin. I quickly launched my ship and flew into action. I flew to the Y-hole in nex 0004 and made a quick stop at one of my favorite trading outposts run by Jack the Great to pick up some drugs to shake my hangover. I quickly jumped to my old hacking grounds in the NPR.

After making it to the NPR I flew all of the cluster from one sector to another looking for hackable communications, but unfortunately most of my old haunts were run down and desolate. After a quick tip from one of my alliance mates I was able to fly all the way to the next cluster over in the lane. Finally after making it to a location I looked at the seat next to me and there were remnants of the 35t of drugs I bought already smoked and I passed out for a quick nap.

After waking up in 30 min I was ready to hack and as I put his name in the computer It informed me that Alvarez had retired from the federation 10 min ago and all his electronic trails vanished into the underground. It was up to my alliance mates to track him down the old fashioned way....

PS. I dont care if anyone knows I am a hacker they can probably tell from the bounties anyhow..
 Back to top »
Edethex Rule of Angels Forum Index » World of Pardus » Treachery, justice and beyond
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: